Tadasana is also known as mountain pose. It is one of the best yoga asanas. If you practice TadasanaÂ regularly in the morning, it gives you an excellent massage to our hands, back, spine, and the whole body. Tadasana is the most renowned asana to increase height for all as well
This pose teaches us to stand like a mountain. The word ‘Tada’ means mountain. From that, the name comes. Tadasana is the starting asana of all other asanas.
How to do Tadasana, or What are the steps of Tadasana?
1) First, stand on the ground with your legs and feet joined together. Next, bend your knees slightly for straightening them to help lose your joints.
2) You must focus on your concentration in a particular spot to avoid distractions. It encourages mental awareness.
3) Firm your thigh muscles and turn them inwards to lift your knee cap. In this stage, just remember not to harden your lower belly. Strengthen the inner arches of your ankles while raising them.
4) Increase your tailbone and imagine a line of energy is passing through your body.
5) Lift your chest up and push your shoulders back. Widen your collarbones
6) Raise your head, increasing your neck in the process. Always keep your breathing sincerely. While you inhaling, you feel the breath is traveling through toes, stomach, and up to the head. And when you exhale, feel the breath is passing down from the head to stomach and up to your feet.
7) Breath in and slowly raises your toes. Try to balance your body on your heels. Next, stretch your shoulders, arms, and chest upwards when your toes bear your body weight. Just try to feel the stretch in your body from the head to the feet. Hold this position for 5 to 10 seconds and then gently exhale.
What are the benefits of Tadasana?
1) The most significant advantage of tadasana is it helps to correct your posture and improves your balance to make your spine more agile.
2) It helps to increase the flexibility of your ankles, thigh, and joints
3) It will tone up your hips and abdomen, and also helps to control your muscular movements
4) It might indeed help to increase your height if you practice it regularly.
5) Tadasana strengthens your nervous system and regulating your respiratory and digestive functions
What are the top essential benefits of Tadasana or Mountain Pose?
1) Tadasana teaches us how to do all other Asanas
2) Tadasana teaches us to balance the weight and engagement of both sides of the body
3) Tadasana strengthens the feet
4) Tadasana help to cure back pain
5) Tadasana helps us to maintain balanced energy
6) Tadasana helps us to breathe freely
7) Tadasana helps to improve our mood
8) Tadasana teaches us about the subtle, energetic body
9) Tadasana teaches us how to bring meditation into everyday life
10) Practicing regularly helps to learn the correct way of standing
11) Tadasana helps to reduce flat feet
12) If you exercise regularly, it helps you to relieve sciatica
13) Mountain pose develops strength and flexibility simultaneously, especially in the spine
14) Mountain pose relieves tension, aches, and pains throughout the body
15) Tadasana helps to improve blood circulation throughout the body
16) Tadasana encourages healthy digestion and elimination
17) It leaves you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated
18) Mountain pose expels dullness and depression
19) It harmonizes the body and mind
20) Tadasana increases energy
What are the precautions for Tadasana(Mountain Pose)?
1) Avoid practicing this asana for a long time, as constant standing may cause strain on the muscles of the legs.
2) Do not put so much pressure on the knees as it may cause pain in the knees.
3) People suffering from any of these problems should avoid practicing this asana, like migraine, insomnia, joint pain, or low blood pressure.
4) Pregnant women must avoid doing Tadasana
5) Do not hold the position during asana if you are a beginner
What are the different types of Tadasana?
1)Â Tadasana Gomukhasana (Standing Cow Face Pose)
2) Tadasana Paschima Buddha Hastasana (Black Bound Hands Pose)
3) Tadasana Paschima Namaskarasana (Standing Reverse Prayer Pose)
4) Palm Tree Pose (Urdhva Hastotanasana)
5) Volcano Pose (Urdhva Hastasana, Tadasana Urdhva Hastasana)
6) Five-Pointed Star Pose (Utthita Tadasana)
7) Mountain Pose Variation Feet Hip Wide (Tadasana Variation Feet Hip Wide)