Moon’s light is highly substandard than that of the Sun. The moon changes its shape depending on its position about the earth. The Earth and the Moon are profoundly different from each other. Here are some differences that are given below. I hope that will interest you.
What are the differences between the Earth and the Moon?
1) The Earth is a planet, and the Moon is a satellite ( the earth goes around the sun, and the moon goes around the globe, which is a planet). The majority of the worlds have satellites orbiting them. The earth has only one satellite. Some planets like Saturn and Jupiter have many moons for them
2) The moon is much smaller in size than the earth. The diameter of the moon is only one-fourth of that of the planet. Also, the mass of the moon is much lesser compared to that of the planet.
3) The atmosphere of the planet is multi-layered and very strong. The moon does not have a healthy atmosphere around it. Since there is no air around the moon. The atmosphere of the moon is not capable of supporting life. If you want to move into the moon, you must carry oxygen for breathing and to live.
On the other side, the earth is more significant in size. It can hold its atmosphere around it and most environment-friendly.
4) The gravity of the planet is six times more than that of the moon. When a man tries to jump on the moon, he will jump six times higher than how much he would be able to jump on the earth using the same energy
5) The land has 70 percent of water. So it has much oxygen capacity. The moon neither has oxygen nor water. The atmosphere of the moon does not support the formation of oxygen.
6) The duration of one day on the earth is 24 hours consisting of 12 golden hours and 12 dark hours. The lunar day meaning the length of time that one side of the moon is exposed to the sun is about 14 earth days
7) The earth goes around the sun in its orbit and takes 365 days to complete one circle around the sun. The moon goes around the planet, completing one rotation in 29 days.
How big is the Moon compared to Earth?Â
The diameter of the moon is 3,474 km. The width of the earth is 12,742 km. That means the moon is approximately 27% the size of the planet
What about the surface area between the moon and the earth?
The surface area of the moon is 37.9 million square kilometers. The surface area of the whole earth is 510 million square km. So the area of the moon compared to the ground is only 7.4 %
How much volume difference between the earth and the moon?
The volume of the moon is 21.9 billion cubic km. On the other side, the size of the earth is 1 trillion cubic kilometers. So the volume of the moon is only 2% compared to the volume of the earth
What is the mass difference between the earth and the moon?
The mass of the moon is 7.347*10^22 kg. But the earth is much more massive. The mass of the planet is 5.97*10^24 kg. That means the mass of the moon is only 1.2% of the mass of the earth.